POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light : Re: PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light
From: Rich
Date: 6 Aug 2008 19:30:00
Message: <489a33f8$1@news.povray.org>

> High!
>
> Blue Herring schrieb:

<Snippage>

> But how should that work if the objects are in different levels of a CSG
>  hierarchy - e. g. if the room is part of a difference, but the
> furniture in the room belongs to a union several levels higher (or even
> not at all to the same CSG object)?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

I find the question odd, I have done several projects of my own with
only a single point light, and a multi story, many room building
differenced in CSG.  As long as I remembered where the light was, the
angle it would hit the windows, the light seemed to reasonably mimic
what the eye might see.  From what I've seen, a "difference" behaves
like a physical hollowing, any openings will allow light in, if it's
directed in.