POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light : Re: PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light
From: Blue Herring
Date: 5 Aug 2008 12:09:12
Message: <48987b28$1@news.povray.org>

> And the radiosity settings obviously still affect also the object(s)
> inside the light_group (which is what I want to achieve)... Another
> question: as my indoor room is a subtracted box (within difference
> brackets), what will happen if I add objects into this room? Do I have
> to duplicate the light_group to include also these objects?
>
> Attached you see what I got now... as far as the overall brightness
> level are concerned, I'm satisfied now; but currently, the brightness
> distribution looks as if the room entirely is lit by artificial light,
> regardless of the sunlight outside. Therefore, I would like to try a
> wide-angled spotlight sitting in the middle of the door opening instead
,
> as the light should enter the room from outside the door!

You'll need to add any objects you want illuminated by the lights in the

group, to the group, but you shouldn't need to duplicate it.  You might
want to place the light in the door, or slightly outside, and play with
the fade_distance to change the distribution.  I don't know if it will
ever look quite as good as the radiosity spilling in would however.

--
-The Mildly Infamous Blue Herring