POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light : Re: PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 5 Aug 2008 10:19:28
Message: <48986170@news.povray.org>
High!

Blue Herring schrieb:

> One thought I had was that you could possibly use light groups.  I'm not
> sure how your scene is structured, but you could possibly put the
> interior of the room in a light group, then put a bright enough light in
> the window to light the room as you want.  The light won't touch the
> exterior, and (optionally) the exterior light won't affect the interior.

And the radiosity settings obviously still affect also the object(s)
inside the light_group (which is what I want to achieve)... Another
question: as my indoor room is a subtracted box (within difference
brackets), what will happen if I add objects into this room? Do I have
to duplicate the light_group to include also these objects?

Attached you see what I got now... as far as the overall brightness
level are concerned, I'm satisfied now; but currently, the brightness
distribution looks as if the room entirely is lit by artificial light,
regardless of the sunlight outside. Therefore, I would like to try a
wide-angled spotlight sitting in the middle of the door opening instead,
as the light should enter the room from outside the door!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '2008-08-05 my place on earth (altena version) wip, take 24 - street view,using light_groups, rgb 0.2, indoor brilliance' (20 KB) Download '2008-08-05 my place on earth (altena version) wip, take 22 - view into myapartment, using light_groups, rgb 0.2, brillia' (9 KB) Download '2008-08-05 my place on earth (altena version) wip, take 23 - inside my apartment,looking out, using light_groups, rgb 0.' (14 KB)

Preview of image '2008-08-05 my place on earth (altena version) wip, take 24 - street view,using light_groups, rgb 0.2, indoor brilliance'
2008-08-05 my place on earth (altena version) wip, take 24 - street view,using light_groups, rgb 0.2, indoor brilliance

Preview of image '2008-08-05 my place on earth (altena version) wip, take 22 - view into myapartment, using light_groups, rgb 0.2, brillia'
2008-08-05 my place on earth (altena version) wip, take 22 - view into myapartment, using light_groups, rgb 0.2, brillia

Preview of image '2008-08-05 my place on earth (altena version) wip, take 23 - inside my apartment,looking out, using light_groups, rgb 0.'