POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light : Re: PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #6.5 - problem with fading fill light
From: TC
Date: 5 Aug 2008 08:14:40
Message: <48984430$1@news.povray.org>
Probably it will not be possible to achieve pleasing in-door and out-door
illumination at the same time.

Remember, our eyes have pupil that adapt to the surroundig light - PovRay
does not! If it is bright outside and we are looking out of the window our
pupils shrink. When we then look back into our room, they dilate. Our eyes
are seeing at different "exposures", depending on the surrounding light.

So in PovRay: if the light looks good on the outside (bright), it will seem
dark inside. If it looks good inside (without tricks), it will be way too
bright outside.

If our eyes would not be able to adapt to different lighting we would not be
able to see much at all. And PovRay, if used with one set of lightsources,
is such an eye -unable to adapt to the lighting.