POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.7 example scenes : Re: v3.7 example scenes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.7 example scenes
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 3 Aug 2008 05:25:59
Message: <489579a7@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:48948066@news.povray.org...
> Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> Does the pov source file inherent the version from a sourced
>> include?
>
> I think you'll find that the includes set it back to the old value at the
> end (please check to make sure).

yes they do that ..... all but two of them

>> Maybe we need to up version the includes as well.
>
> There's probably no harm in doing so, and might even be a good idea
> overall.

with the code frag in the includes this could be considered a moot point. In
the name of housekeeping this may not be a bad idea to do this anyway. there
are only 35 include files .... 33 are branded version 3.5 and have the
switching mechinism, two files (stdcam.inc and stage1.inc) have 3.1 mention
in header comments and no switching code. easy enough to version them as 3.7
and housekeeping seems like a good reason to proceed, but won't do that
unless you (Chris) think I should do this.

Jim