POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : jasper (84k jpg) : Re: jasper (84k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jasper (84k jpg)
From: St
Date: 2 Aug 2008 17:23:35
Message: <4894d057$1@news.povray.org>
"stbenge" <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>> "stbenge" <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>>> How about, "now try a real scene, with more than one point of focus." I
>>> really do need to make something more complex...
>>
>>  Complex Sam? In what way?
>
> I don't know, a whole landscape or something.

   Ok then, just go for it Sam, try something. But, (depending on what you
want), I can seriously say that it isn't easy. It's hard work to produce ANY
scene in an environment setting. It also depends on 'how' you want to build
that scene. SDL/CSG only? Meshes only? Or both in the same scene?
Personally, I've always used both when I can, but I guess I'm predominantly
a modeller as I love it so much, so it gets a higher usage. Texturing is THE
MAJOR thing though, whether you're a great modeller/script artist or not,
it's not easy to get the textures right. But you have got that down. That's
obvious.

   But, hey, I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs here... ;)

>> If you've got the ability to render that Jasper Rock, (that should be the
>> name of the hero in a modern PC game... "Jasper Rock" - "He's coming for
>> you...")  ;)  Heh, then yeah, you've got the ability to do 'complex'
>> anyway. :)
>
> I'm not sure I would name a character "Jasper." It's seems like the kind
> of name a pimp would have...

   It was kinda fun 50(ish) minutes ago... ;)

>>     That Jasper though, that's just great. Well done. :)
>
> Thanks!

    No probs, now show me a very flawed 1 carat cut emerald.  ;)

     ~Steve~