POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Copying pigments with crackle (124k jpg) : Re: Copying pigments with crackle (124k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copying pigments with crackle (124k jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 30 Jul 2008 17:15:47
Message: <4890da03@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> Actually I want dotted white lines on the road, i.e. I need a pattern that's
> a perpendicular gradient to crackle. I'm almost completely certain it's
> impossible!

Even if you could get that to work (nothing is impossible, only
improbable...), wouldn't some of the dotted lines be wedge-shaped?

> Still, this all sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth!

It probably is. Sometimes it's better to just sit down and make macros
to be called randomly.

If you really have your heart set on making the buildings conform to a
crackle-like geometry, perhaps you should try your hand at learning how
voronoi diagrams work. You would have more control over all your objects
and textures that way.

I've been thinking about learning how voronoi geometry works. I'm sure
that knowledge will lead to something interesting!

Sam