POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Copying pigments with crackle (124k jpg) : Re: Copying pigments with crackle (124k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copying pigments with crackle (124k jpg)
From: Tek
Date: 29 Jul 2008 18:55:42
Message: <488f9fee$1@news.povray.org>
"stbenge" <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Tek wrote:
>> Awesome! I wanted something like that ages ago when I did my procedural
>> crackle based city. I couldn't figure out how to do it. Now I'm just
>> trying to understand your code!
>
> It pays off to keep trying. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to
> get this to work.
>
>> Is there any way to make it work with metric 1?
>
> Yes, you can get some interesting effects. Here, try this out:

Yeah but it distorts the pattern, one of the things that's great about your
first post is that it duplicates my pattern into every cell, but with metric
one it breaks it.

> It makes rectangular masses all over the place. Nest a few of those with
> different translation values, and a cityscape might be possible.

I've already got the city:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C47e997a1%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=280683&toff=150
But I really need a perpendicular pattern to the crackle, something like the
radial example in your original post, but perpendicular to metric 1.
I don't think it's possible though :(

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com