POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #6 - first obstacle! : Re: PoVEarth, day #6 - first obstacle! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #6 - first obstacle!
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 26 Jul 2008 12:56:06
Message: <488b5726$1@news.povray.org>
High!

(sorry for the three-day delay, but meanwhile, my primary master
harddisk crashed and I still have a pretty hard time to get the system
working again... this posting is sent to you using a provisional
installation running from a Sidux livedisk - Linux rules!)

scott schrieb:
> You don't want to do that, because when your eye looks at the
> monitor/print out obviously it will do it's logarithmic processing
> again, so you'll get it twice and it will look weird.  Try taking a
> photo of the view you want with the exposure you want, and getting your
> POV generated image to match.

Unfortunately, I don't (yet) own such a sophisticated camera... sounds
strange from such an avid PoVghan, doesn't it? You know you've been
raytracing for too long... when you never own less then five digital and
chemical cameras just to get real-world lighting and radiosity levels right!

> IME the most important thing is to get the ratio between sun brightness
> and sky brightness correct.

Then probably my sun is too bright (and after dimming it down, the whole
image has to be post-processed)...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar