POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.7 example scenes : Re: v3.7 example scenes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.7 example scenes
From: Chris Cason
Date: 23 Jul 2008 18:58:16
Message: <4887b788$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> I'm starting a new thread for the v3.7 example scenes project as this is a
>> side topic that came from the povray.ini thread and dosen't seem to really
>> belong there anymore.
>
>   It would be nice if there would be a set of cool scenes showcasing all the
> new features of POV-Ray 3.7. Preferably scenes which are nigh impossible (or
> very laborious) to get with v3.6
>
>   Of course there aren't that many new (visible) features in 3.7, but the
> few that are (eg. HDRI and area highlights) should be showcased prominently.

Apart from that it would be nice to get some fresh air into the advanced
scenes subdir (or create a new sub-section called 'samples' or something).
basically to get some more 'real' sample scenes into the distribution;
there's surely a lot of nice work out there, perhaps some authors would be
willing to contribute some nice scenes (either on a derivative-work-ok or
possibly a no-derivatives basis).

While I still think examples such as fish13 are interesting, they do smell
a little of mothballs :-)

-- Chris