POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.7 example scenes : Re: v3.7 example scenes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.7 example scenes
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 23 Jul 2008 14:47:40
Message: <48877ccc@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I'm starting a new thread for the v3.7 example scenes project as this is a
> side topic that came from the povray.ini thread and dosen't seem to really
> belong there anymore.

i've got the latest beta downloaded and installed. the biscuit scene renders
fine. i did notice that the examples scenes didn't come with this setup. i
know it's bad etiquette but a while back i may have stepped on more than one
or two of the scene files that came with v3.6 install. that brings to mind
how can we be sure that we are all working from the same files? is there a
place to go get (ftp) just the example files or am i just going to have to
get them from the last stable install?

finally .... i have "ksh" and perl on my windows machine (a win nt to unix
migration tool) and i could very easily produce a manifest of all the
example files. that might help in trying to figure out how to carve this up
into who's working on what.

Jim