POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC update : Re: IRTC update Server Time
17 May 2024 05:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC update
From: David Buck
Date: 21 Jul 2008 17:06:16
Message: <4884fa48@news.povray.org>
John Coppens wrote:
> On Wed, 28 May 2008 11:34:23 -0400
> David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, I will not be able to get the new IRTC site running by
>> the end of May as I was hoping.  I'm waiting for the site design files
>> (HTML, CSS, JPGs, etc.) from our graphic artist and he's been busy with
>> other paying work.  He tells me that he'll have them ready soon, but to
>> date, I still don't have them.
>
> Isn't it kind of strange that we are waiting for graphics designs, when
> this is actually a graphics oriented competition? This is not remotely
> meant as a criticism, but as a suggestion: can't we collaborate to get
> the page up? Maybe even a minimalist version, and improve it later?
>
> John

No criticism taken.

I've been discussing this issue with Chris Cason and this is, in fact,
what we will be doing.  I'll make some changes to use HTML with DIV's
and class names to allow CSS to be generated for it later.  We'll then
get a minimal site running with plain (probably dull-looking) graphics.
  I also have a few small changes to make for the submission process,
but those can wait until we start running a contest (which I hope will
be soon).

Chris has offered to develop some minimal CSS files to make the site
functional.  I proposed running a round of the contest to have POV
Artists design the look of the site - the winner gets to have the IRTC
site adopt that look.  We're not sure, however, that the best POV
artists have sufficient experience with CSS to do that easily.  We can
discuss that when we get to that stage.

The first step, though, is to get a minimal site up.  Although I am busy
with some other things, I hope to have that by June 30.

Thanks.
David Buck