POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox frustrations : Re: Firefox frustrations Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:31:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Firefox frustrations
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 20 Jul 2008 18:02:57
Message: <4883b611@news.povray.org>
My own Firefox 3 experience:

I go to getfirefox.com. Redirects me to mozilla-europe.org/es or something,
with a huge button to download Firefox 3 in Spanish (Spain). I'm in
Argentina and would hate to see File called Fichero instead of Archivo and
other spainisms...

Couldn't find the link to see the list of all languages.

I noticed my Firefox 2 was configured to send es-es in the accepted language
list. So I change it to send "es-ar, es, en-us, en" as I want it. Reload
getfirefox.com. Now it shows the page in English. Way to go! Particularly
since that "download Firefox 3 today and help us get in the guinness book"
was featured in a local newspaper; who would then get that bad website user
experience...

Finally I find the link to see all languages. I download the "Spanish
(Argentina)" version. The installer tells me that $brandSohrtName is
currently running and I have to close it first. How did they NOT notice
that typo? I decided to close the installer instead and stay with Firefox 2
on that machine.

I *hate* the new huge back button anyway :)

On my main machine, I run Linux, and Konqueror as main browser.