POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ZChars demo and antialiasing : Re: ZChars demo and antialiasing Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ZChars demo and antialiasing
From: scott
Date: 16 Jul 2008 03:59:47
Message: <487daa73@news.povray.org>
>   Yet another demo scene I originally hadn't planned on posting here.
> However it was fun to make.  Also it was frustrating to render, due to
> antialiasing.  The jaggies on the reflections on the left side just
> wouldn't go away.  I'm aware of the issues with bright colors, but even
> focal blur didn't do much.
>
> The attached image was rendered with very aggressive focal blur
> settings.  Probably way out there, but could the handle being a mesh
> make a difference?  I imagine there may be nothing that can be done, but
> any ideas, or feedback on the image itself for that matter, are always
> welcome.

I don't think you'll see much focal blur while the camera is looking
straight on at the surface.  Try moving the camera off to the side a bit, so
that the handle is a different distance from the camera than the paper.  See
attached image for what I mean.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'image1.jpg' (16 KB)