POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : TC-RTC Rant : Re: TC-RTC Rant Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:08:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC Rant
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Jul 2008 08:23:22
Message: <487c96ba$1@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> schreef in bericht
> Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
>
> Thanks Stephen, I'm still not sure how me NOT voting would have made my
> overall
> score better
> (that's just counterintuitive). Regardless, why would an entrant WANT to
> NOT vote? That's part of participating in the competition as far as I'm
> concerned. Maybe there should be penalties for NOT voting.

For some obscure reason I have not visited this ng for a long time, so I
come in late in the discussion.

I certainly would like there to be some incentive (should I say coercion??)
for voting. The competition gets sense if the participants also vote. Apart
from the reason that not voting might lift you up (I am still unsure about
that as a purposeful action), and reasons of strict personal impossibility
which can always happen (I was physically unable to vote for the
november-december topic for instance), my impression would be that it is
pure, raw, laziness to just take the trouble to vote. Human nature in action
as it were?

Thomas