POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : latest CGSphere iteration : Re: latest CGSphere iteration Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: latest CGSphere iteration
From: Jim Charter
Date: 12 Jul 2008 14:31:11
Message: <4878f86f$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Here's the latest on my recent CGSphere WIP.
>
> I'm not completely happy with the grass; I might try to introduce several
> different weed species, and the placement over the sphere is a bit odd. I was
> thinking of scattering some pebbles around too.
>
> Comments welcomed, especially on possible improvements.
>
> It's interesting to note that this image is built from just 3 individual mesh
> objects, copied extensively.
>
> Bill

Wondering how you placed the grass at the recesses of the sphere,
trace() against the deforming texture?

btw, I thought of this and snapped a few shots:
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/194/9/7/grass08_by_map_lecturer.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/194/8/b/grass07_by_map_lecturer.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/194/b/3/grass06_by_map_lecturer.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/194/0/1/grass05_by_map_lecturer.jpg