POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : latest CGSphere iteration : Re: latest CGSphere iteration Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:29:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: latest CGSphere iteration
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Jul 2008 03:59:39
Message: <4878646b$1@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Here's the latest on my recent CGSphere WIP.
>
> I'm not completely happy with the grass; I might try to introduce several
> different weed species, and the placement over the sphere is a bit odd. I
> was
> thinking of scattering some pebbles around too.
>
> Comments welcomed, especially on possible improvements.
>
> It's interesting to note that this image is built from just 3 individual
> mesh
> objects, copied extensively.

Very nice indeed.
I would expect the grass growing more densely on the upper half of the
sphere than on the lower one (less direct light). Some pebbles and dirt
around the sphere would be good. Definitely different weed species and
different sizes/colors.

Thomas