POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : MPI with povray : Re: MPI with povray Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MPI with povray
From: Luc H
Date: 11 Jul 2008 05:59:18
Message: <48772ef6@news.povray.org>
Hello

MPI is a way to render faster but not the only one. It's fine when you
already have an MPI farm.

If it's something from scratch, maybe you should look at
http://www.dynebolic.org/ : the cluster way.
OpenMosix is another cluster manager, but not maintened anymore.
http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/

By the way, "recent" achievements on P2P networks and SMP makes me wondering
about a P2P rewrite for POV.
Just connect your PCs, let them talk and work, and get everything faster...
For POV 5 ?

Regards,
 Luc H.

web.4815c45d234dc46ce1b6a22d0@news.povray.org...