POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Jul 2008 11:47:50
Message: <4874dda6$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 14:49:52 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>He does that sort of thing sober.
>>
> Ho, ho, ho! :)

Not that he doesn't like a pint or a glass (or three) of wine when the
time is right. :-)

>>I s'pose that could happen.  He's not a spring chicken, though.
>>
> Pray that it does before he becomes an old broiler :)

I think the phrase "young at heart" applies - but yes, hoping for a good
long life for him.

> Yeah that would have served him right. Especially if he got the bill
> from the emergency services ;)

Here in the US, it wouldn't have been much.  I think the company would
probably have covered it.  But also, there is perhaps an irony that
people may not have dialed for fear of causing more harm. ;-)

> Maybe I'm being to hard on him. It is good to have a sense of humour, so
> I'm told :)

A little, there again, you had to be there....

>><g>  We have a party at my house each year (the show is in town) after
>>the show's done, and he usually cooks for us.  He's taken a class in
>>Oxaca recently (and going to take another this October), so it evolves a
>>little bit each year.  We stayed with him and his wife both times we
>>went to the UK, and that's how it got started - he made it for dinner
>>one night.
>
> Is that Mexican food? I've never tried it. I liked the Cuban food when I
> was in Florida but not when I went to Havana for a weekend.

Yeah; I'm pretty sure I spelt the name wrong (or as Shaun would say,
"wrongly".)  Good Mexican food is actually quite bland - the hot stuff
tends to be Tex-Mex instead.  I spent a couple weeks in Mexico back in
the early 80's and *really* liked the food I had there.  There's a couple
places in Salt Lake City that do good Mexican food as well, might have to
track some down for lunch today.  Mmmm...

Jim