POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : combining partial images : Re: combining partial images Server Time
17 Jun 2024 12:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: combining partial images
From: stbenge
Date: 8 Jul 2008 21:50:31
Message: <48741967@news.povray.org>
stevenvh wrote:
> stbenge <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Is it possible for you to create a special file in POV-Ray in which each
>> partial image is applied to its own specially-fitted box?
>>
> I'm sorry Sam,  I re-read your question several times, but I don't understand a
> word of it.

Sorry about the vagueness of my response. The idea is simple: take the
partially-rendered images and composite them together in POV-Ray. For
instance, if you have rendered your image in two segments, an upper
segment and a lower segment, you could make a new scene in which each
segment is placed onto its own box: an upper box and a lower box. Your
camera would be orthographic and would face the boxes so that your final
rendered image is a composite of all the segments.

In this manner you could automate the whole process. If you need further
help, I could test this idea myself and post the code.

Sam