POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Jul 2008 17:16:26
Message: <487287aa$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 22:08:24 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>In retrospect, it probably was funnier if you were there.
>>
> Makes sense to me.

:-)

> Ke-wrist, Someone did that to me once but it involved acid and bad trips
> Ho, ho, ho!

He does that sort of thing sober.

> Strange, as you get older these jokes seem less funny.

I s'pose that could happen.  He's not a spring chicken, though.

> I actually heard one about someone pretending to have a heart attack and
> one kind soul punched him on the heart in preparation to giving him CPR.

Yeah, I think that might've been a concern if he hadn't been on a stage.
I think that separation from the audience helped avoid something like
that - though kinda surprising nobody called 911....

>>The guy he was presenting with - a mutual friend from Aaland - said that
>>when he dropped, a ton of people in the session *immediately* switched
>>their phones off.
>>
>>He's tried to plan things ahead of time, but it just never seems to
>>work.  Only when it's improved does he seem to hit something that works.
>>And while it *sounds* like it might've scared people in the audience,
>>he's well known in his field for being a bit of a clown.
>>
>>He also makes an *excellent* chili. :-)
>
> As you say, from my part of the world :)

<g>  We have a party at my house each year (the show is in town) after
the show's done, and he usually cooks for us.  He's taken a class in
Oxaca recently (and going to take another this October), so it evolves a
little bit each year.  We stayed with him and his wife both times we went
to the UK, and that's how it got started - he made it for dinner one
night.

Jim