POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 7 Jul 2008 12:27:57
Message: <4872440d@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>  And it's not like you could just go to Germany, buy a car and bring it
>> to Finland. You'll have to pay the 96% of tax when you bring the car, so
>> no such luck...

If the car is used (IIRC 6+months old), you'll get discount from the tax
and it's not *that* much anymore (it still is much, just not *that* much).

> Yeh I guessed as much.
>
> I assume you're allowed foreign registered cars there for a certain
> amount of time, it's 6 months here I think.  You could just replace your
> car in Germany every 6 months, although I'm sure they thought of that
> already and made it illegal.

Nnnope, a Finnish person ain't allowed to drive foreign-registered car
in Finland. It wasn't so long ago when the news had a great story about
some Estonian guy with a Finnish wife/gf - she moved his Porsche for 10m
oslt and Finland started to demand them to pay cartax (that 96%) of that
Porsche.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net