POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Jul 2008 20:18:55
Message: <487160ef$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>     PBS stations don't count as government stations?

I was thinking about that. As far as I can tell, no. NPR isn't (much)
funded by the government (any more), and it's really composed of a bunch
of local radio stations all joining in.  NPR is more like a supplier of
content than a radio station owner, more like "Visa" than a bank, for
example.

I don't know how much funding they get these days from the government,
but I don't think it's enough that I'd call it a "government station".

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: