POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Painted desert WIP [~260 kB] : Re: Painted desert WIP [~260 kB] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:07:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Painted desert WIP [~260 kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Jul 2008 05:26:44
Message: <48708fd4@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> schreef in bericht

There
> was even a POV-Ray patch provided (By David Buck:
> <4365fcf9$1@news.povray.org>) that corrected the epsilon value for those
> scenes combining very distant and very near objects.

Sorry, the link is obviously not the right one! The discussion took place at
the end of october 2005 in p.b.i. (Re: Ringworld re-re-revisited). However,
the link provided by David Buck for the patch is no longer available.

Now, my next hunch is that epsilon has been changed for version 3.7, can
anybody confirm this? I have not the beta installed at the moment, pending
the installer problems are ironed out.

Thomas