POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: John VanSickle
Date: 6 Jul 2008 04:11:01
Message: <48707e15$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Chambers wrote:
>>> It's official: the Finnish are more intelligent than the Americans!
>>> How can I move to Finland? :)
>
>> I was thinking the same thing until Warp mentioned that the sign of the
>> temperature in centigrade is how he decided whether to wear short
>> sleeves or long sleeves. I don't think I could handle that. :-)
>
>   There are other things which you should consider more seriously.
> For instance, you might not need to fill tax forms ever, but OTOH you'll
> be paying quite a lot *more* taxes than in the US.

Finland is regarded here:

   http://www.heritage.org/research/features/index/countries.cfm

as the 16th on the list of economic freedom.  Hong Kong is at the top,
and North Korea is at the bottom (#157 of the ranked nations).  The US
is #6 on this list.

If the taxation in Finland is as bad as Warp says, it must be horrid in
the places farther down.

Regards,
John