POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Request: Option to not render a scene if it has no camera : Re: Request: Option to not render a scene if it has no camera Server Time
3 May 2024 04:52:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: Option to not render a scene if it has no camera
From: Warp
Date: 6 Jul 2008 03:41:37
Message: <48707730@news.povray.org>
SharkD <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I would like to request a configuration option to prevent POV-Ray from rendering
> a scene if the scene has no camera.

  This would break tons of short code contest entries. I'm not sure that's
a good idea.

  Maybe a warning dialog instead?

> This results in my image output directory becoming cluttered with blank images
> making it hard to browse for and view the images I actually want to work with.

  Put "-f" in your main povray.ini file. Personally I find it completely
useless to have povray save images for all renders because 99% of them
would be temporary test renders anyways, and I have no use for the image
file itself. When I want the image file, it's very easy to write "+fn"
(which will override the "-f" setting in povray.ini) on the command-line
options field in winpov or the command line in unix.

--
                                                          - Warp