POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Request: Option to not render a scene if it has no camera : Re: Request: Option to not render a scene if it has no camera Server Time
3 May 2024 09:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: Option to not render a scene if it has no camera
From: Chambers
Date: 5 Jul 2008 17:06:17
Message: <486fe249$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> I would like to request a configuration option to prevent POV-Ray from rendering
> a scene if the scene has no camera. A lot of times I'll accidentally click the
> "Run" button when viewing an include file instead of the scene it is a part of.
> This results in my image output directory becoming cluttered with blank images
> making it hard to browse for and view the images I actually want to work with.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Mike

The Win POV beta has a feature that addresses this.

When you choose to run a file, if the file has previously been included
in another file, Win POV will ask you if you wish to run the calling
file instead.  It will then remember your choice for the rest of the
session.

Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to do this for the core
commandline version of POV.

...Chambers