POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Painted desert WIP [~260 kB] : Re: Painted desert WIP [~260 kB] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:35:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Painted desert WIP [~260 kB]
From: Ive
Date: 5 Jul 2008 08:29:30
Message: <486f692a$1@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
>>
>> In case you hadn't noticed, there's a lack of shadow behind the guy's heel
>> too.
>
> I've had that problem when working on small scales, but not on a scale that i
> feel should challenge POV's floating point accuracy.  As far as i can
> determine, it's a bug.

It's a feature! POV-Ray has to avoid self shadowing, actually I've meanwhile
checked
the sourcecode to confirm my statements made in this thread:

http://news.povray.org/47fbebb1$1@news.povray.org

Maybe this "epsilon value " should be made adjustable by the user?

Thomas, I'm quite sure this is your problem, especially as you say you scaled
your
poser figure by 0.2 and I usually scale them by a factor of 200.

-Ive