POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Painted desert WIP [~260 kB] : Re: Painted desert WIP [~260 kB] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Painted desert WIP [~260 kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Jul 2008 03:29:02
Message: <486f22be@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht
> Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
>>
>> In case you hadn't noticed, there's a lack of shadow behind the guy's
>> heel too.
>
> I've had that problem when working on small scales, but not on a scale
> that i
> feel should challenge POV's floating point accuracy.  As far as i can
> determine, it's a bug.  I haven't brought it up in these newsgroups
> because i
> haven't yet reproduced in in a simple scene.

That is interesting. The scale is reasonably scaled in the present scene.
For instance, the figure is scaled to 0.2 from original, so nothing extreme
here. However, I am not sure how the hf subdivision in John VanSickle's
macro might influence the foreground scaling, although the final hf is
scaled up.

Thomas