POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jul 2008 20:45:29
Message: <486ec429$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> To keep those who lost the chromosome lottery from
> impeding our efforts, we will say that the planet we're going to has no
> beaches, skiing, or professional sports,

I was in the movie theater today and saw an ad that showed clips of some
of the recent 3D movies and said "You don't need to leave the 3D
experience behind when you leave the movie theater!"

I thought "man, I thought *I* was a nerd. Apparently, there are movie
goers who are also unaware of the Big Blue Room with the DayStar in it."

(Turns out it was an ad for a 3D computer monitor. :-)

BTW - Hancock wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says. It wasn't high on
the list, but it wasn't notably worse than Speed Racer or Indiana Jones.
It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: