POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:28:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jul 2008 12:48:51
Message: <486e5473$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> able to do at least the basics very quickly in your head.

It also helps if you can do some common sense. If you look at sample
apartments in a half-dozen neighborhoods to figure out how much rent you
might have to spend to get there, and you have $1200/month, $1400/month,
$900/month, and your average comes out to $30,000/month, you better know
you've done something wrong.

> took a long time and a lot of effort - not sure if that was a profitable
> use of my time though!

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the tax authority last year.
They sent me a letter telling me I hadn't paid tax on some income I
made. I called them up and told them I'd reported it on the consulting
company's tax return, even tho the employer had filled out my personal
name on the paperwork they sent to the government.  Took about 15
minutes to get audited, over the phone, and I got a letter a week or two
later saying "nevermind."

I expected it to be way more of a PITA. But then, I'd never heard of
anyone honest getting audited before, so that might play into it.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: