POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: scott
Date: 4 Jul 2008 10:04:30
Message: <486e2dee$1@news.povray.org>
>> Seriously though, you should consider picking up a couple at evening
>> school, it will make any future job applications look much better.
>
> Right. Because holdong an honours degree really helped me in that
> direction. Oh, wait...

I'm sure it has actually, by having that honours degree you have opened up a
whole new set of jobs that without the degree would have been impossible to
get.

I only say about the A-levels, because if someone applies here with a degree
from a university that we are not faimiliar with, we'll likely look to see
what A-level grades they got (well actually we'll look anyway, but it's less
important).  While I'm sure you are capable of getting an A at maths, if
it's not on paper then how are we going to know?  Also it's a bit unusual in
this day and age to have a degree but no A levels.  Expect to be asked about
that.

While it might not help you actually get the job, it will definitely help
you get interviews.