POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
30 Sep 2024 21:32:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Jul 2008 06:03:24
Message: <486df56c$1@news.povray.org>
The best revenge is to do well.  Seriously, I was also the kid who was
picked last in gym class for all the team sports because I absolutely
sucked at all of them.  I had maybe 4 friends through high school, a few
more in college (though I've only heard from 3 or 4 since leaving school,
and not very often at that)

Even at the various jobs I've worked, I've generally been regarded (until
the last 5 years, really) as someone that if they could avoid interacting
with, that was a good thing.  My boss at my last job (> 5 years ago) and
a few of my teammates I'd go out for a beer with after work.  But users
(> 95% of the company)?  Generally the less they saw of me, the better -
so they seemed to think.

I look back at some of the kids I went to high school with and see where
they are - and while a few have done well for themselves, most seem to be
stuck in some sort of dead-end job that doesn't look to pay all that well.

You have the skills and the talent to leave them in the dust.  Do it, and
never look back.

Jim