POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
30 Sep 2024 21:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: scott
Date: 4 Jul 2008 05:38:26
Message: <486def92$1@news.povray.org>
> For some reason, we live in a culture where it is seen as "desirable" to
> not be cleaver.

Interestingly enough, I was talking to some of my colleagues about this
exact subject and how it is different in Japan compared to the UK.  In
Japan, it is usual for pupils to compare how much work they'd done the night
before for school, more definitely being seen as "cooler" and "better".  I
said that if you boasted about how much work you'd done at a school in the
UK you'd likely get beaten up by a group of bullies at lunchtime!

I blame the parents!