POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kingdom (252k jpeg) : Re: Kingdom (252k jpeg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kingdom (252k jpeg)
From: stbenge
Date: 2 Jul 2008 01:13:06
Message: <486b0e62@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> It is a compelling image in it's own right.
>
> The idea of course has lots of pedigree
> Leonardo, famously, but I expect you knew that:
> http://www.mirabilissimeinvenzioni.com/ing_treatiseonpainting_ing.html

No, I did not know that! It pretty much strengthens my (not mine,
evidently) basic theory of utilizing the creative subconscious. Thanks
for that link!

> I am also reminded of, I think it was Darren New, posting once about
> research into how music stimulates common brain regions in diverse human
> groups.
>
> I had a group of brain researchers in my taxi one night and I mentioned
> that research/book to them.  I mentioned to one how it called up the
> question for me of how someone even recognizes that something is music.
> Surely it was cultural and context-driven.  His reponse was [to the best
> I can recall] that certain research indicated that humans would reacted
> to repeated fragments of sounds in the same way as to music.  But I
> didn't get much detail, the conversation took that turn just as he was
> getting out of the car.

This reminds me of the time I heard the Frog Chorus. Suddenly the random
croaking of frogs fit together into a coherent melody.

> And, now that I am going, wasn't the virus in Snow Crash and visual
> pattern?

What's that? I didn't understand it... :/