POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kingdom (252k jpeg) : Kingdom (252k jpeg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:31:56 EDT (-0400)
  Kingdom (252k jpeg)
From: stbenge
Date: 28 Jun 2008 03:22:16
Message: <4865e6a8@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

First off... sorry, it's not 3D. What you see before you is an on-going
project of mine. The goal is to render a field in which endless pictures
can be seen. The pictures are made up by your own mind. Therefore, some
effort is required to view this image. Not too much effort though! It's
best to just gaze calmly, to see what your mind produces.

The purpose for this? To peer into the subconscious. I believe the
subconscious mind is a very creative thing, and that this sort of
meditation can help tap into it.

The effect is achieved by applying a repeat warp (with horizontal
mirroring) to a pattern. That pattern is skewed in the x+z direction to
vary the effect across a distance, while still maintaining some
semblance of symmetry at a local level. That pattern is then copied and
added to itself in a function, with different sizes and translations for
each instance. A little bit of pigment_mapping is then applied to
achieve an aesthetic quality. It is then all placed onto a z-facing
plane. It's based (somewhat) on the Rorschach ink blot test.

I'm interested to know what pictures you guys see in this. I wonder if
you will see something here, even if you're not the type to normally see
faces in trees and such.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: