POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Escher Cubic Space : Re: Escher Cubic Space Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Escher Cubic Space
From: Alain
Date: 26 Jun 2008 11:13:53
Message: <4863b231@news.povray.org>
Woody nous illumina en ce 2008-06-25 23:12 -->
> I'm trying to recreate a povscene of Escher's Cubic space like
> Frederich's Lohmueller at
>
> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov/im_aa1.htm
> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov/im_aa2.htm
>
> the original lithograph is at
>
> http://trese.cs.utwente.nl/taosad/SoftwareArchitecture/Images/EscherCubicSpace.jpg
>
> Any comments or constructive criticism
>
> I can't seem to do anything to make a similar bumpy texture for the bars and
> boxes.

Tree ways:
1 - use normals. Fast. Only affect the aspect of the surfaces, the edges will
still be straight.
2 - use mesh objects, one for the nodes and one for the rods. Rotate them
randomly. Fast and as you are reusing the mesh, you only use the memory for the
two of them plus some pointers.
3 - use some isosurfaces. Sit down as it will be sloooooooooow!

--
Alain
Real Time, adj.: