POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : StarGate : Re: StarGate Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:29:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: StarGate
From: stbenge
Date: 23 Jun 2008 16:02:23
Message: <4860014f@news.povray.org>
Robert McGregor wrote:

> Well, after seeing the render of the Blender model at
> http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103776 I'm inspired to try
> making one too... I'm thinking a lot of CSG and some heightfields should do it
> for the most part, along with a few detail pieces modeled in Wings3d. I see
> lots of greebling around the discs too, hmmm.

You could always try my HFArch include file at lib.povray.org. It's very
flexible for doing these kinds of things. I haven't thoroughly tested it
with the POV-Beta, but I know that the first example won't render
without a change in the minor radius of the arch. It works perfectly
with the official version.

http://lib.povray.org/collection/hfarch/sam%201.0/stbhfarch.jpg
http://lib.povray.org/collection/hfarch/sam%201.0/stbhfarch.html

Sam