POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Fixing mandelx_pattern : Re: Fixing mandelx_pattern Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:46:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fixing mandelx_pattern
From: Warp
Date: 16 Jun 2008 10:58:12
Message: <48567f84@news.povray.org>
Algo <Gem### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Also I have extended NEWER_mandelx_pattern to treat exponents up to 255.

  Since I assume that the extra exponents come "for free" (ie. without
requiring any additional resources such as arrays), that's completely ok.
However, I really doubt anyone would use exponents that large, as the
resulting image starts more and more approaching just a circle (and
the border of the fractal becomes more and more boring as the exponent
grows).

  OTOH, I have never seen nor zoomed into a z = z^255+c mandelbrot.
Could be interesting, just out of curiosity. :)

--
                                                          - Warp