POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iterative Imaging and IFS : Re: Iterative Imaging and IFS Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iterative Imaging and IFS
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 10 Jun 2008 18:10:14
Message: <484efbc6$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:

> Sure, it works once, but you have to manually render the scene again and
> again to see how it changes. I was hoping for a way to make the scene
> more automated.

Hmm ... you can add the same file multiple times to the render queue ;)

Also, you wouldn't really need an "external application" to automate
this, simple command line scripting would suffice. Assuming Windows,
create the following two files (3 lines total):

render.bat

   pvengine -D /EXIT testreuse.pov Declare=FIRST=%1

testreuse.bat

   call render 1
   for /l %t in (1,1,10) do call render 0

and run testreuse.bat to render 11 iterations. Of course, you should
remove the #declare FIRST from the SDL, also, you actually no longer
need to reuse the same image because you can copy, rename and delete
files as you wish with this approach.

The reason for having two scripts files is really just that I
didn't find another way to get the loop call to block (rendering
sequentially instead of spawning 10 POV instances at once - which
incidentally also causes an exception in the core backend).