POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More again from the mesh relief macros : More again from the mesh relief macros Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  More again from the mesh relief macros
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Jun 2008 05:40:55
Message: <484e4c27@news.povray.org>
I have also put my teeth into Bill Pragnell's Mesh Approximator macros,
revisiting the ruined place I had been working on earlier.

Here, I have *eroded* the column segments using the MeshShape() macro. It
took some experimenting until the shape came out right, but I am rather
satisfied with this. The basic shape is CSG. I experimented with isosurface
but could not get the top and bottom surfaces right. They resulted in
strange funnel-shaped surfaces.

Another difficulty is the base of the column which consists of a flat CSG of
torus and cylinder. I have not (yet) been able to approximate that correctly
with the macro.

Anyway, here is the state of the art.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'IonianTempleRuins_3.jpg' (85 KB)

Preview of image 'IonianTempleRuins_3.jpg'
IonianTempleRuins_3.jpg