POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iterative Imaging and IFS : Re: Iterative Imaging and IFS Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:31:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iterative Imaging and IFS
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 10 Jun 2008 04:42:37
Message: <484e3e7d$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:

> It would be nice to generate these images in POV without also generating
> a long sequence of animation frames. If there was a way to rename the
> output image in POV without using an external application to do so,

I don't think there is - unless one of the supported output formats
were both ASCII based and comma-separated suitable for #fopen, but I
think even with PPM it would not work ;)

However, if the intention is to use the previous image as input
for the next render, it seems that the output image is not yet
destroyed during the SDL parse phase. At least the below test
scene worked for me (3.6.1, Windows). Save as "reuse.pov",
render once with FIRST = 1 then again with FIRST = 0:

#declare FIRST = 1;

camera
{
   location  <0.0, 1.0, -5.0>
   look_at   <0.0, 1.0,  0.0>
   angle 90
}

light_source {< -10,  10, -10> color rgb 1}

#if (FIRST)
   sphere {y,1 pigment {color rgb 1}}
#else
   plane {z,0 pigment {image_map {sys "reuse.bmp"}}}
#end