POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why don't you go home (final) [~210 kB] : Why don't you go home (final) [~210 kB] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Why don't you go home (final) [~210 kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jun 2008 07:56:43
Message: <484d1a7b@news.povray.org>
Once in a while I finish a long-running wip scene. November last year saw
the previous version. In the meantime, I *lost* the alien (never overwrite a
file with another bearing the same name!!!) and had to build him up again
from scratch. Gave me the oportunity to make changes and improvements.

Well, according to knowledgeable people, suitable planets are visited at
least thrice.

The first time, by the so-called * Bridge Builders* who, on purpose or not,
scatter the seeds of life.

The second time, the *Traders* pay a visit and help boost burgeoning
civilizations. On Earth, the Indus, Sumerian, and La Tene civilizations were
boosted that way. The present image clearly represents a Traders' period.
Visibly not always successful...

The third time... well, you do not want to know about a typical visit by the
*Reapers*... Just pray you will not be alive when eventually that happens to
Earth...

Both figures derive from the Apollo Maximus model; dog/wolf from Poser;
trees by POVtree; grass by Bantam Grass; Clouds from the FastClouds macro by
Zeger Knaepen. The city was modelled after an old book cover:
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/d/august-derleth/time-to-come.htm

Hope you like it.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Why Dont You Go Home_final.jpg' (208 KB)

Preview of image 'Why Dont You Go Home_final.jpg'
Why Dont You Go Home_final.jpg