POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Train Faces : Re: Train Faces Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Train Faces
From: Blue Herring
Date: 5 Jun 2008 13:25:43
Message: <48482197$1@news.povray.org>
Dave Matthews wrote:
> Those are from a macro?  They're sooo cool.  Please publish the code, when
> you're ready!
>
> I can think of a hundred uses for them!

Thanks!  Yes, they are all created by the same macro.  The faces are
almost entirely isosurfaces, though I've put in support for that
isosurface approximation macro by Kevin Loney, Jaap Frank, and Tor Olav
Kristensen.  Thus if you get a face you like you can meshify it for fast
rendering.

I'll definitely be submitting the code to the object collection.  I was
originally going to include it as part of my wooden trains collection,
but now I think I might split it out on its own.

--
-The Mildly Infamous Blue Herring