POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : metal bug (76k jpg) : Re: metal bug (76k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: metal bug (76k jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 27 May 2008 17:59:10
Message: <483c842e$1@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> stbenge wrote:
>
>>> Nice image! But where's the illusion?
>>
>> Thanks! Illusion.inc is the name of the file which allows an image_map
>> to be placed directly in front of a render. You can apply the pigment
>> to any objects you want. You can perform many compositing tricks this
>> way.
>
> Thanks, I know of illusion.inc. I was actually curious
> where this image required a compositing trick ;)

Oops, sorry about the misunderstanding!

1) I prerendered the scene using basic white textures and sky-dome-style
radiosity. This was to achieve an ambient occlusion effect.

2) The prerendered image was pasted onto the objects in the next render,
and a finish{reflection 1 metallic 1} was added to that texture. The
effect being that the objects' reflections were reduced by the shading
data from the prerender. (I hope that made sense)

Sam