POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wooden Trains : Re: Wooden Trains Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wooden Trains
From: Blue Herring
Date: 27 May 2008 09:56:51
Message: <483c1323$1@news.povray.org>
Hans Fink wrote:
> Ah, nice to see it's not just me sentimental nostalgic.
> These things from the time my own kids were very young
> use to strike a sentimental chord in me.  Much more than
> memories from my own childhood.  (Actually, the time when
> I played with these trains is beyond my memory horizon.)
>
> BTW, did you postprocess the image wrt DoF/blur?

Definitely not just you, I'm more nostalgic than is good for me ;)

None of them have postprocessing.  The track one just uses somewhat
aggressive AA.  The other two use the built-in POV-Ray focal blur.  I'm
really starting to get attached to the smoothness it can produce in
place of standard AA, even if it is slower.

--
-The Mildly Infamous Blue Herring