POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bulging icosphere (76k jpg) : Re: bulging icosphere (76k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bulging icosphere (76k jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 22 May 2008 16:36:02
Message: <4835d932$1@news.povray.org>
mops wrote:
> Hi
> I already have some difficulties with the lights in my scenes. The light
> and
> the atmosphere of your image are very interesting to me. Could you show or
> explain me the way to do it.
> Is there a tutorial about lights for some realistic light? My scenes
> usually
> appear too much artificial
> I learned much by observing other codes
>
> thanks
> thierry

Hello Thierry,

I almost always use area_lights. Lately I have been using POV version
3.7.0.beta.25 for the area_illuminate feature. The area_illuminate flag
causes an area_light to light up objects as if from an emitting square
patch of light. Very cool.

Here's an example light from one of my scenes:
light_source{
  <0,1,0>*100000,
  <1,.8,.5>*2
  area_light x*250000,z*250000,8,8
  jitter
  adaptive 2
  area_illumination on
}

I also use my Luminous Bloom .pov file for adding a post-process glare
effect to the entire image. I will probably release a new version soon,
and will report to this group when I do.

The last version can be found here:

> http://pagesperso-orange.fr/mops/atelier05.html

I downloaded your tangence.inc file. Great stuff! I can see it becoming
very useful. Your belt macros look very good, too.

Sam