POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bulging icosphere (76k jpg) : Re: bulging icosphere (76k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bulging icosphere (76k jpg)
From: Alain
Date: 22 May 2008 11:21:54
Message: <48358f92$1@news.povray.org>
mops nous illumina en ce 2008-05-21 10:51 -->
> Hi
> I already have some difficulties with the lights in my scenes. The light
> and
> the atmosphere of your image are very interesting to me. Could you show or
> explain me the way to do it.
> Is there a tutorial about lights for some realistic light? My scenes
> usually
> appear too much artificial
> I learned much by observing other codes
>
> thanks
> thierry
>
> http://pagesperso-orange.fr/mops/atelier05.html

Things that will make your light look more natural:
1 - area_light. In the real world, point light only comes from stars. Use
adaptive to accelerate them. With adaptive, use a relatively large density:
something like 17x17 or 33x33. Still fast and almost no banding nor graininess.
2 - light fading. Use fade_distance <Some Value> and fade_power 2. fade_distance
should be commensurable with the appearent dimention of your source. You may
need to use some high intensity values, like rgb 100 or even more in some cases.
3 - Add some slight colouration, keep it subtle. Ex.: rgb<1.101, 1.007, 1> for a
slightly orangish light.

If you want to make a spherical area_light, use circular orient.

--
Alain
Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for large values of 2.