POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very clever Flash puzzle game : Re: Very clever Flash puzzle game Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very clever Flash puzzle game
From: scott
Date: 14 May 2008 03:34:21
Message: <482a95fd@news.povray.org>
> I think the sync is probably not based on an absolute clock, but on
> repeating the keypresses (essentially), which might get out of sync as the
> processor gets loaded trying to keep up with more and more aliens.

Sounds like a good theory, but my CPU never goes above 5% while playing this
game, even with 8 robots and running at 1920x1200 full screen...  It
certainly does seem that the timing of the keypresses for the past robots is
what's causing the problem.

> And of course, the robots *will* be in different places in different runs,
> if the thing the second alien does moves the floor up and down that the
> first alien is walking on.

Yeh, but things like simply picking up a box and dropping it in a certain
place shouldn't be different on the 2nd run if nothing else is
interfering...

A really cool game though, just a bit frustrating with the bugs (level 14
took me *ages* to get right on this machine because past robots started
doing things at slightly different times and dropping things in slightly
different places).

Reading around, it seems like several people have similar issues.

Let's hope that it's just a starting point for others to copy :-)