POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very clever Flash puzzle game : Re: Very clever Flash puzzle game Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very clever Flash puzzle game
From: Darren New
Date: 13 May 2008 14:34:21
Message: <4829df2d$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Hmmm.  That happens on an Intel with Vista x64.  I tried on my laptop
> (XP 32bit Intel) and it's nowhere near as bad, but still slightly there.

I had a couple of buggy bits where the game told me I had a paradox when
everyone was already standing in front of the tardis at the end. Hey,
ask for your money back. ;-)

> times.  In theory, you should have 4 or 5 robots all exactly in sync
> walking to the right, but on mine they get out of sync as they walk to
> the right, sometimes by about half a robot width by the end.

I think the sync is probably not based on an absolute clock, but on
repeating the keypresses (essentially), which might get out of sync as
the processor gets loaded trying to keep up with more and more aliens.

And of course, the robots *will* be in different places in different
runs, if the thing the second alien does moves the floor up and down
that the first alien is walking on.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"